What is Headache and what are the symptoms
Headache is a symptom of stress and tension.
Alternatively, headaches can be caused by health problems such as migraine and high blood pressure.
We are now going to read about ayurvedic home remedies to combat headaches.
Headache is a pain that causes discomfort in any part of the head.
Headaches can be experienced in any form, such as severe pain, stabbing pain, or minor aches and pains.
It comes on very slowly or very quickly and can last up to an hour or days.
Headaches are the result of disturbances in the sensory structure and various nerves, such as nerves from the brain, blood vessels and muscles in the head and neck.
It can occur on one or both sides of the head.
Persistent headaches can seriously affect your daily routine.
The risk of developing depression due to this type of severe headache is very high.
Major Causes for Headache
- Changes in the inside of the head
- vascular tension
- abnormal functioning of nerve cells
- genetic variation
- excessive smoking
- excessive alcohol consumption
- excessive sleeping habit
- intaking painkillers
- straining the eyes
- causing more strain on the neck, etc.
What are the different types of Headaches?
- Type 1 headaches – 90% of headaches fall into this category. There is no particular root cause for this type. These include migraines, clusters, and stress-related headaches.
- Type II headaches – Headaches caused by a recognizable structural or biological cause. Causes include brain damage, damage due to head injury and stress.
- Migraine – Migraine is a severe headache that feels like it is only on one side of the head. It may be accompanied by headache, blurred vision, dizziness, vomiting and loss of consciousness.
- Stress-induced headaches – These headaches are caused by tension in the muscles of the head and neck. These can cause minor, moderate, or severe pain in your head, neck, and eyes.
- Cluster headache – This is a type of headache caused due to neurological disorder. This is usually experienced only on one side of the head, often around the eyes. This headache is accompanied by watery eyes, nasal congestion, swelling around the eyes, and excruciating pain in only one part of the head.
- Sinus headache – This is a headache caused by an infection on the part of the sinusitis. This can cause pain around the eyes, cheeks and forehead.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Headache
Instead of just taking pills, you can get rid of headache problems with one of the easy-to-follow simple ayurvedic home remedies.
Ginger: Ginger helps in reducing the inflammation of the blood vessels in the scalp.
Therefore, ginger helps in relieving headaches.
To do this, mix ginger juice and lemon juice evenly.
Drink this twice a day.
In addition to this, a teaspoon of dried ginger powder and two tablespoons of water are added to the paste and applied on the forehead for a few minutes to cure the headache.
Marigold tea: marigold tea contains a pain-relieving effect. You can add honey to it if you want
Lavender Oil: The soothing scent of lavender essential oil helps to relieve stress-induced headaches.
To do this, pour a few drops of lavender oil on a tissue paper or clean towel and let it breathe.
Also, pouring two drops of lavender oil in two cups of boiling water and steaming is a good way to get rid of headaches.
There is another way.
Applying two or three drops of lavender oil along with a tablespoon of almond oil or olive oil on the forehead is also a great single remedy for headaches.
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a great remedy for headaches. Grind cinnamon and add some water to make a thick paste.
Apply it on your forehead and leave it on for 30 minutes. Afterwards, rinse with lukewarm water.
Cloves: Headache problems can be easily solved with the help of cloves’ cooling and pain-relieving properties.
Combine two drops of clove oil, one tablespoon of coconut oil and salt and apply on the forehead.
Also, wrap a few cloves of buttermilk in a blanket or clean towel.
Take it when you feel a headache and smell it.
The aroma of cloves reduces headaches
Basil leaves: Put three or four basil leaves in a cup of boiling water and leave for a few minutes.
You can also add honey to it if you want.
In addition, you can chew a few mint leaves or apply it on the forehead with mint oil and coconut oil.
Mint is very effective in relaxing the muscles and relieving minor headaches caused by tight muscles.