Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis in Kerala
Saatwika Ayurveda offers unique Ayurvedic Treatments for Psoriasis in Kerala Centre. Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory condition of unknown cause affecting around 2 percent of the population. It may be very localized but can affect the entire body surface area. It can be associated with nail changes and joint disease. Increasingly, it is recognized that it is associated with the metabolic syndrome and a worse cardiovascular risk profile.Ayurvedic Treatments for Psoriasis in Kerala includes medication, external therapies, and diet control.
COMMON SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF PSORIASIS
- Red patches of skin covered with thick silvery scales. Patches can range from few spots of dandruff-like scaling to major eruptions that cover large areas.
- Dry and cracked skin. It may be associated with bleeding
- Burning sensation
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
- Swollen and stiff joints
DIFFERENT TYPES OF PSORIASIS
- Chronic Plaque Psoriasis
This is the commonest form. It causes dry, raised, red skin lesions (plaques) covered with silvery scales. It is associated with itching and is painful. These have a predilection for extensor surfaces, notably elbows, knees, and sacrum.
- Nail psoriasis
It can affect fingernails and toenails, causing pitting, abnormal nail growth, and discoloration. It can result in separation of the nail from nail bed called onycholysis.
- Guttate psoriasis
It is marked by small, water drop shaped, scaling lesions on trunk, arms, legs, and scalp. It primarily affects young adults and children.
- Inverse psoriasis
Marked by smooth patches of red and inflamed skin. Mainly affects the skin of armpit, in the groin, under breasts, and around genitals.
- Pustular psoriasis
Presents with pus-filled blisters appearing just hours after the skin becomes red and tender. It is associated with fever, chills, diarrhea and itching.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
Least common type. Here the entire body is covered with red, peeling rash that can itch or burn intensely.
- Psoriatic Arthritis
In addition to a presentation on the skin, it causes swollen, painful joints. It can affect any joints. Causes stiffness and progressive joint damage.
- Heredity – if one parent is affected, there is 15% chance of the child getting the disease and 60% if both the parents are affected.
- Consumption of incompatible foods (such as fish and milk together)
- Excessive smoking
- Alcohol consumption
- Mental stress
- Psychological trauma
IS PSORIASIS CONTAGIOUS?
- No, it is not contagious. It does not spread from person to person due to the skin to skin contact.
- Touching a person with the disease does not transmit the disease.
DIAGNOSIS OF PSORIASIS
- Psoriasis is diagnosed by physical examination of the skin, medical history and relevant family health history.
- Lab tests like microscopic examination of skin tissues from the skin biopsy are done sometimes.
PSORIASIS IN AYURVEDA
- Skin diseases are generally included in Kushta in Ayurveda.
- 18 types of kushta are described.
- Mahakushta- 7
- Kshudrakushta- 11
- Psoriasis is correlated to Sidhmakushta.
- It occurs due to an imbalance of 2 doshas- 4 and Kapha. Due to various causes Vata and Kapha get vitiated and cause accumulation of toxins, these toxins get accumulated in deep tissues like rasa (plasma), rakta (blood), mamsa (muscle), lasika (lymph). These toxins cause contamination of deeper tissues leading to psoriasis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis in Kerala
- In psoriasis, purification of blood and tissues is the primary aim of Ayurvedic treatment.
- Toxins are cleansed from the body and the digestion restored to prevent further accumulation.
- Nourishing herbs are then administered to strengthen and tone the tissues to promote complete healing of the skin.
- Purification of toxins is done mainly by Vamana procedure which is preceded by required snehapana using medicated ghee.
- Takradhara is also a treatment choice as it relieves stress to a great extent. Its cooling property relieves stress and diseases like psoriasis have a very great psychological influence on patient leading to mental trauma. So treatments are intended to reduce stress.
- External applications cannot solely rely on and it is applied only after the treatment is done internally.
- Diet and regimen are equally important as medicines in case of psoriasis as chances of recurrence are high.
Our Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis in Kerala Centre is available as 21 to 28 days packages.