Ayurvedic Treatment for Neck Pain in Kerala
Saatwika Ayurveda Treatment Centre offers scientific treatments for spine problems & Ayurvedic treatment for neck pain in Kerala.Our spine and neck care clinic provide Ayurvedic treatment for Cervical Spondylosis in Kerala, Ayurvedic Treatment for Neck Pain in Kerala and Ayurvedic treatment for disc prolapse in Kerala. The spine is the backbone which supports our body. It is made up of 33 interconnected vertebrae. It has the major function of protecting our spinal cord too. The vertebral column is part of the axial skeleton. The vertebrae are separated by intervertebral discs. Inside the vertebral column, there is a canal called ‘spinal canal’ in which the spinal cord is lodged and protected. The importance of spine is evident from this short description of spinal anatomy itself. So that numerous conditions that cause diseases or disabilities to the spine are in fact a spoiler of day to day activities. Spine-health is very much important in this context and particular care should be taken to protect the spine. Occupational and age-related damages to the spine are most common. Many other factors also contribute to the development of spinal diseases. We provide Ayurvedic Treatment for Cervical spondylosis in Trivandrum Centre at affordable rates.We also provide Ayurvedic Treatment for Neck Pain in Trivandrum Centre.
Major Spine diseases
Spine diseases are attributed to various etiologies like injuries, infections, malignant conditions, age-related changes, structural deformities and disc complaints.Major Spine diseases are Degenerative Disc Disease, Intervertebral disc prolapse, Spondylolisthesis, Scoliosis and degenerative scoliosis, Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Spina bifida, Spinal tumors, Cervical spondylosis and Low backache
Degenerative disc disease
The intervertebral discs wear away leading to thinning of space between vertebrae and contact of two vertebral surfaces leading to pain, inflammation, pressure on nerve roots etc.
Intervertebral disc prolapse
This can be due to many causes like injury or bulging discs. This lead to compression of nerves or the spinal cord itself leading to painful symptoms and restriction of movements.
The misplaced conditions of one or more intervertebral discs lead to vertebral misalignment and subsequent painful manifestations.
Scoliosis and degenerative scoliosis
Sidewise curvature of the spine is called as scoliosis. The exact cause is not known. Hereditary incidence is also seen. Scoliosis can be caused by prolonged degeneration also.
Narrowing of the spinal canal. Herniated discs, bone spurs etc can cause stenosis. It can lead to irritation of spinal cord and other nerve structures.
We provide very effective Ayurvedic Treatment for Sciatica in Kerala Centre.Inflammation and irritation of sciatic nerve cause sciatica, which is a most common condition. It leads to severe low back ache with radiating pain to legs.
it is a congenital condition. A defective closure of vertebral arch in which protrusion of spinal canal and its meninges can occur sometimes.
most are metastasized from other parts of the body like kidney, breasts, lungs etc.
Saatwika offers very effective Ayurvedic Treatment for Cervical Spondylosis in Kerala Centre. Cervical spondylosis is a most common disease of the neck. Osteoarthritis of the neck is called as cervical spondylosis. The wear and tear of intervertebral discs lead to this. Degenerative changes lead to stiffening of the neck, limits the range of movements, radiating pain to arms due to compression of nerve roots, inflammation, severe pain, general tiredness etc. Herniated discs, injuries, ligament stiffness and bone spurs also can contribute to this. Ayurvedic Treatment for Cervical Spondylosis in Kerala is very effective and result oriented.There are 7 days,14 days and 21 days packages for Ayurvedic Treatment for Cervical Spondylosis in Kerala.
It is of multiple etiologies and multiple forms of manifestations. Most of the acute pains result from injuries of muscles, ligaments, intervertebral discs etc. Degenerative disc diseases and herniated discs etc can cause chronic pains.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Spine diseases
Most of the spinal diseases can be easily treated and cured by Ayurveda. The curative and rehabilitative techniques of Ayurveda are found to be largely effective in managing spinal diseases. Most of the spinal diseases come under the category of Vatavyadhi or diseases due to aggravated Vata dosha. Low back ache is described as Kadeegraha, Sciatica is described as Gridhrasi, and Cervical spondylosis is described as Manyasthambha etc.
The line of treatment is mentioned in detail as Vatavyadhi Chikitsa. It includes,
- Making the bowel compatible with medicines by Agni deepana ( increasing the digestive capacity) medicines.
- Internal and external application of ghee, oils etc
- Steam application of the body or Swedana.
- A combined application of Sneha and Sweda by procedures like Kizhi, abhyanga, Pizhichil etc.
- Internal medications like Kashayas eg. Dhanwantharam Kashayam, and other medications depending upon the condition.
- External applications of choornas, ointments etc to alleviate inflammation and pain.
- Dhara and procedures like Njavara Kizhi to regain body strength and strengthen the nerve roots.
- Rasayana applications to remove the free radicals and slow down the degenerative processes.
- Rehabilitation and procedures like Yoga to give flexibility to joints.
- Calcium and phosphorus-rich diet are adviced. Milk, ghee, vegetables, wheat etc can be added more to diet.
- As pain reliever and for the subsidence of inflammation local applications like Kadeevasthi, greeva vasthi can be used. Also, lepanas like Rasnajambeeram can be used.
- Local application of Valuka Sweda or Kizhi using heated river sand can be used to relieve pain and edema.
- A proper routine of life as mentioned in Dinacharya, Ritucharya and wise choice of diet also advocated.
- Support of the affected part can be used judiciously.
- During work, proper rest should be given to spine especially that of the cervical spine at regular intervals.
- Slight massaging with a bare hand at regular intervals helps to increase the blood flow and keep the cervical muscles and ligaments without any fatigue.
- During work try to maintain an erect posture which is necessary for the health and structure of the spine and related muscles etc.
- Daily use of the slight amount of ghee is beneficial for bone strength.
- Daily abhyanga of the body and warm water bath helps in rejuvenation of bones, muscles, and joints.
- While sleeping tries to give adequate support to the entire spine. Avoid sleeping on very spongy mattresses. Proper neck support is also needed while sleeping.
When the incidence of a spine disease is felt by signs and symptoms don’t hesitate to avail proper medical care. Lagging the treatment can help progression of the disease and thereby worsen the prognosis. Self treatment is also not advocated except for some slight massages and hot fomentations. Ayurveda is a proven healer of Spinal diseases. Nothing can match the curative and preventive effects of Ayurveda, Yoga and Panchakarma therapies in the management of diseases related to musculo skeletal system of the body.