Hyper Acidity is a widespread disease. If acidity is not treated well, it may worsen and lead to an ulcer.
The main reason for hyperacidity is the formation of hydrochloric acid in the digestive tract.
Hydrochloric acid is an essential component of digestive juices, produced by gastric glands in the stomach, but excess production causes hyperacidity. This digestive disorder is also Acid Peptic Condition.
Causes of Hyperacidity
- Foods like excessive hot, spicy, fried
- Excessive intakes of fats, sweets, fermented and adulterated food.
- Alcohol Consumption
- Over intakes of dark chocolates, tea, coffee, garlic, onion, etc
- Excessive Smoking
- Stress, anger, fear, mental tension, etc
- Eating without chewing
- Side effects of some modern medicine
Symptoms of Hyper Acidity
- Discomfort in the stomach
- Burning sensation in abdomen, chest, and throat
- Sour oral secretion
- Heat in the body
- Lack of appetite
Ayurvedic remedies for hyperacidity
- Avipattikara choornam – Take 3 grams of avipattikara choornam and mix with 50 ml of hot water.Take this mixture twice a day for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Ayurvedic practitioners prescribe Sutshekhar Ras to control hyperacidity.
- Kamdudha Ras is the other best medicine suggested for acidity.
- Sooktyn tablets with lukewarm water are also a good remedy prescribed by physicians.
Home remedies for Hyper Acidity
- Take Decoction of a sandal thrice a day.
- Drink Tender coconut water in the morning. The tender fruit pulp of coconut also helps to get relief from acidity.
- Simple sugar added cold water helps to reduce the acidity level but is not suitable for diabetic patients.
- Cold milk gives good relief for acidity. Sip two spoons of cold milk every hour.
- Having a small piece of jaggery after meals gives comfort for hyperacidity.
- Aniseeds are the best remedy for acidity. Take two teaspoons of aniseeds and boil with two glasses of water. Leave it for a night and stir well in the morning. Add one spoon of honey and drink.
- Make a crushed mix of clove, cardamom, and aniseeds. Use it as a mouth freshener after each meal.
- Avoid spicy foods.
- Avoid pickles, vinegar, fast foods, junk food, etc.
- Soaked almonds reduce the discomfort of acidity and heartburn. Take only 4 to 5 a day.
- Use mint in curries. Drinking boiled water with mint also helps for reducing acidity.
- Chew fresh mint leaves and basil leaves to reduce acidity.
- Eat alkaline fruits and vegetables.
- Eat on time.
- Eat dinner earlier.